Steve Jobs’ Talk


  • Steve Jobs’ talk (video)

  • 5 good words/sentences I learn :
          1.stumble into-


to start doing something by chance, without having intended to do it:
       He had stumbled into teaching English after he finished college.
         2.diverge-
to follow a different direction, or to be or become different
        Although the two organizations have worked together for many yearstheir objectives have diverged recently.

        3.screw up-

to make a mistake, or to spoil something
       totally screwed up the chemistry exam.     
        4.sedate-
avoiding excitement or great activity and usually calm and relaxed 
        The fight against a chemical storage site has transformed a normally sedate village into a battleground.
        5.naively-
too ready to believe someone or something
      It was naive of her to think that she would ever get her money back.

  • How do you like his 3 life stories?

        Just as I delivered our preservation this week, it had a great influence on me. Especially for the first story : connecting the dots. We'll never know that something will make any difference in the future.so we should struggle for any chances we have in every moment.
       I take myself for example: After watching the video, I was prepared resume for an practical training opportunity in China, and I also try to write down my experience in English, hope it can help me leave a good impression.
     The next day, the statistics teacher suddenly announced that there's a company will arrange an interview for all of us in 30 mins, of course we had no expectation and without any preparation. Before we started, we had to fill out a form like resume, and it related with the different type of  interview officer. For me, it just like repeat the same action last night, including write that paper and the English introduction.
    In the end, I gained a better work opportunity just due to the preparation last night. I did not expect it have practical application on work so fast. And the experience also remind me a good sentence: Opportunity favors the prepared mind.

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Irene. I'm glad you got what you want. Yes, chances always favor the prepared mind.
    A minor mistake here, the first line, it should be "presentation."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TED Talk